After a week of tweaking, I am happy to announce that a new Slax version has been released.
This new release contains many bug fixes and improvements.
List of changes include:
- Implemented scrollbar indicator for xlunch, so user can see if there are more icons beyond current screen
- X is now started on vt7 terminal as it is usually the case in all Linux distros (it was on vt2 before)
- User can select text-mode boot by specifying 'text' boot parameter
- Commands dir2sb and sb2dir were rewritten to act as conversion utilities (documentation)
- Added b43 broadcom firmwares
- Added genslaxiso command to create new ISO file, optionally adding new modules
- Gateway address is now properly set on PXE clients when pxe server is started in Slax
- xLunch launcher now starts GUI applications without unnecessary terminal window
I've also added a new documentation describing how to customize Slax